You can download ready-to-use image with installed SNAMP and basic configuration.
Use any virtualisation tools with .OVA images support (VirtualBox/VMware/Hyper-V)
Password to access the OS on the image is "693010"
SNAMP extends your monitoring and management systems capability: simplifies changing of your current monitoring solution, saves investments and removes the need for staff retraining.
With SNAMP you can monitor your software/hardware with a single solution. No need to purchase new tools - use the most appropriate or the cheapest one.
SNAMP allows your IT Operations personnel work with tools they currently use. Monitor and manage new features with the usual front-end.
New features require new monitoring & management functionality. With SNAMP it becomes pretty easy - just change its configuration. No changes in the existing monitoring solution are required.
Various hardware and software components can be connected to SNAMP using different protocols, such as JMX, SNMP, SSH, HTTP, AMQP, JMS, Modbus etc. You can choose a single unified interface (any of the SNAMP Adapters) to gather the monitoring information provided by the connected components. We provide both the generic and specialized adapters for the various situations.
SNAMP supports 10+ protocols and scripting tools (Groovy, JS) that allows to create powerful integrated monitoring solutions
*MS SCOM, Nagios, Visual VM are just examples of monitoring tools. You can use the most appropriate tools depends on your requirements
Learn how to increase the capability of existing monitoring & management solution and successfully complete new IT Operations or Business challengesExpand
1. Situation: IT infrastructure in medium-size company consisting of various network or server hardware, legacy and modern information systems based on the different technologies and programming languages. Also, the company has existing legacy monitoring solution.
2. Problem statement: Current monitoring solution doesn’t cover needs of IT Operations Service due to the lack of supporting some monitoring technologies such as JMX.
3. Impacts: IT Operations Service cannot respond to and diagnose availability issues in timely manner due to the lack of some real-time metrics and diagnostics data. This problem affects on customer satisfaction and quality of provided services.
4. Business needs: Find a solution that connects components to an existing monitoring solution to avoid extra costs on retraining of IT Operations staff and major changes in IT infrastructure. Additionally, this IT transformation must be applied as fast as possible with efficient reuse of the current IT assets and resources.
5. Solution: SNAMP acts as a protocol bridge that provides conversion between many monitoring and management protocol. Just connect the component to SNAMP using its native protocol and gather information using more convenient management protocol from your existing monitoring & management tool.
How to reduce the budget on monitoring & management solution and deploy its in timely mannerExpand
1. Situation: Growing small-size company intensively introduce new information systems.
2. Problem statement: The company doesn’t have a unified solution because in past it has a simple IT Landscape consisting of 1-2 information systems. Also, the company lacks of human resources in IT Operations Service (or IT Operations Service is not well formed)
3. Impacts: Growing of business and IT Landscape requires detection and solution of availability issues in timely manner. The lack of monitoring solution produces unpredictable risks for business and, as a result, begin to slow down the growing of business
4. Business needs: Deploy monitoring solution based on open-source software to reduce high costs. Also, the deployment process must be easy and utilize the current expertise of IT Operations staff. Additionally, the solution should respect future needs of monitoring caused by growth of IT Landscape.
5. Solution: Software and hardware components can be connected to SNAMP through different protocols (SNMP, JMX, SSH and etc) simultaneously. Open-source Nagios can be selected as a front-end solution for IT Operations Service. Nagios can be connected to SNAMP using NRDP, NSCA or Nagios Adapter. This technology stack is fully open-sourced. Additionally, SNAMP provides great extensibility through rich set of protocol adapters/connectors and their combinations.
How to gather tons of monitoring data from components deployed in Public and/or Private Clouds.Expand
1. Situation: Middle-size or large-size company hosts overall IT infrastructure in Public and Private Clouds. These Clouds are geographically distributed. There are hundreds of modern and legacy software components deployed in these Clouds. The company has existing monitoring solution.
2. Problem statement: The existing monitoring software can‘t handle thousands of requests to the remote components. Therefore, it can’t gather monitoring data. This problem caused by performance issues. Replacement of existing monitoring tool is very costly.
3. Impacts: The existing monitoring software has insurmountable performance limitations that affects the quality of monitoring and management. This situation produces unpredictable risks associated with quality of services.
4. Business needs: IT Operations should provide the required level of SLA. Replacement of existing monitoring tool is not possible due to budget and resource limitations.
5. Solution: This is an issue at IT architecture level. It is necessary to change direction of data flow and use effective transport protocols. The first, it is necessary to change pull-based communication scheme to push-based where possible. This means that software components should establish connection to monitoring software and push their monitoring data in periodic manner. The second, it is recommended to use persistent network connections to avoids the continuous TCP handshakes (this approach is applicable to Private Clouds only). The second, the component should be able to push more that one metrics using single request. The fourth, the data collection process must be balanced using load balancers. All of these approaches can be achieved by using of SNAMP and its MDA Connector. This connector accepts incoming requests with monitoring data and store the data into in-memory data grid. Therefore, the monitoring data is accessible across all nodes in SNAMP Cluster. The existing monitoring software can be connected to SNAMP using convenient protocol and grab the necessary monitoring data that is already stored in the datagrid without accessing to remote components directly.
How to collect and store performance metrics for further analysis.Expand
1. Situation: Medium-size company has IT infrastructure hosted on Virtual Dedicated Servers (VDS) provided by third-party vendor. The company’s business is seasonal. Workload of information systems depends on the intensity of customer service.
2. Problem statement: The company can’t add or remove virtual resources and nodes in cluster on the fly because this process is not automated. IT Operations staff must observe metrics and perform necessary maintenance actions by hand.
3. Impacts: Every hour of VDS uptime must be paid to vendor. Human-based decision making. Manual starting and stopping of virtual resources leads to unnecessary costs.
4. Business needs: reduce cost of virtual resources and enable these resources when necessary.
5. Solution: SNAMP can be as decision point and orchestrator of virtual resources in company’s IT infrastructure. All information systems can be connected to SNAMP using a rich set of connectors. The logic of decision-making can be implemented in Groovy scripts. SNAMP supports all features of Groovy and offers very convenient DSL used to analyse monitoring data.
How to apply maintenance actions based on automated decisions using runtime statistics of software componentsExpand
1. Situation: Growing small-size or middle-size company has mature IT infrastructure with many components including databases, Business Intelligence, monitoring solution. This solution provides good real-time data about state of components. But this solution can’t provide retrospective analysis of performance data. IT managers want to use such retrospective analysis in forecasting of workload and necessary hardware and software resources.
2. Problem statement: Existing monitoring solution can’t provide retrospective data and tools for its analysis
3. Impacts: Historical performance data cannot be used in IT budget planning and analysis of risks associated with high workload on existing components. There is no way to align expectations of workload with required hardware or virtual resources. In perspective this situation has influence on SLA and quality of services.
4. Business needs: Required historical data cannot be obtained using existing solution. The existing monitoring solution cannot be replaced due to high costs of such changes. Also, the main concern of IT managers is to use existing components in a new architecture that provides ability to collect and analyse historical performance data.
5. Solution: SNAMP can be used to collect and store monitoring data into existing Time-Series Database (TSDB) or Relational Database (RDBMS). The components of IT infrastructure can be connected to SNAMP using different set of connects. Communication between SNAMP and database can be organized with Groovy scripting that is fully supported by SNAMP. The scripting provides many DSL extensions that simplify writing of automation scenarios. Then you can use any Business Intelligence tool to analyse historical data.
...and more: SNAMP can be used for building intelligent monitoring solutions, using as IoT Gateway, monitoring legacy components and doing other cool things! Enjoy!
You can choose the appropriate SLA for your needs: product support, adding new features, writing custom extensions
We can provide integration solutions based on SNAMP and Elasticsearch/Logstash, Graylog, Nagios or your company existing infrastructure.
We can prepare architecture of SNAMP integration and align architecture artifacts according to your organization standards.
We can provide adapted materials and guides for your IT Operations staff.
1. Number of monitored hosts - how many components (servers, software components, devices) you want to connect with SNAMP
2. Type of Adapters - select interface that you will use for accessing to connected components. You can choose more than one.
3. Support level - select the appropriate subscription level: Basic, Professional or Enterprise. Number of SNAMP nodes in cluster is not significant. Type of connectors is not significant.
|Support & Software||Enterprise||Professional||Basic||Open Source|
|Per host||€ 299||€ 199||€ 49||Free|
|Patch Level Fixes||Yes||Yes||Yes||-|
|Response Time for Critical Issues||2 hours||4 hours||12 hours||-|
|SSH Adapter||€ 70||€ 40||€ 20||-|
|SNMP Adapter||€ 300||€ 250||€ 100||-|
|JMX Adapter||€ 250||€ 190||€ 80||-|
|€ 120||€ 100||€ 50||-|
|Nagios Passive Check Adapter (NRDP)||€ 250||€ 190||€ 80||-|
Check Adapter (NSCA)
|€ 260||€ 200||€ 90||-|
|HTTP Adapter||€ 120||€ 100||€ 50||-|
|XMPP Adapter||€ 70||€ 40||€ 20||-|
|Syslog Adapter||€ 110||€ 90||€ 30||-|
|Groovy Adapter**||€ 70||€ 40||€ 20||-|
|Decanter Adapter||€ 70||€ 40||€ 20||-|
|All Nagios-related adapters (active check, NRDP, NSCA)||€ 400||€ 330||€ 150||-|
|€ 110||€ 90||€ 30||-|
|€ 300||€ 250||€ 100||-|
* Management Console is a web interface that simplifies SNAMP configuration
** Custom Groovy scripts not included
SNMP JMX XMPP SSH JMS AMQP BRIDGE PROTOCOL JMX2SNMP SNMP2JMX NAGIOS SCOM IoT JCONSOLE MODBUS APACHE THRIFT MQTT